Friday, April 17, 2015

Nesting . . . Can’t Wait to Get this Rig on the Road



Since the weather has started warming up lately, Michael and I have been spending more time in the RV, albeit parked in the driveway. I sit out there on sunny afternoons, what few of them we’ve had lately, and we sleep out there some nights. (My parents live with us, so the kids are supervised.) But it’s just more economical and convenient for us to do most of our living in the house rather than to run the generator a lot. 

Sleeping out there, listening to the crickets chirping at night and the birds chirping in the morning, well, it’s just about more than I can bear. We’ve been planning our summer trip to the Smokies. Erv (that’s the RV) and the family recently went off and left me to go to Louisiana for a weekend while I stayed home and worked. I keep reading all these wonderful full-time RV living blogs, and well, the travel bug bit me when I was just a little kid, and basically the road is calling my name so loudly that I just can’t take it anymore.

The last time I felt this much anticipation was when I was in my last trimester of pregnancy, and instinct made me start nesting then just like it is now. This week, I’ve pulled our dishes, pots and pans, towels, extra sheets and the shower curtain out of the attic. I spent hours re-washing everything and now all that stuff sits in the RV waiting for us to start using it again.

Sadly, all I can do now is count down the days ‘til June gets here and we make our great escape.

Please support RV Road Ready by using my link to shop Amazon. Shop Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment